Friday, January 1, 2010

About Work in Downtown Los angeles , Works in Santa Ana

Work in Downtown Los angeles , Works in Santa Ana?
Hi, I just want to know if someone else is living in Downtown LA and works in Santa Ana. I wanna move to Downtown LA next month and go to work 30 miles one way 5 days a week. I will be appreciated if someone do the same like me , I need more information about traffic in Highway 5 from Downtown LA to Santa Ana. I have to be at work some times at 8am and leave at 5pm and some times start at 12pm and leave at 9pm. Thanks I would love to live in Downtown LA. I just need some information about how much time should I spend in traffic on morning? for example if I leave my apt in downtown LA at 7am , is it possible to be at work at 8am or should leave earlier?
Los Angeles - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
This may be a dumb question, but why not live closer to Santa Ana? It has a few nice areas. Or try a nicer city, like Brea, Orange, Garden Grove, Tustin, etc. Most of the traffic is going the other way, but not all. Traffic is only moderate, instead of really heavy. If you can get the noon to 9PM shift, that would be better.
2 :
That's going to be a tough commute. Have you looked into Metrolink? They have trains running between downtown LA and Santa Ana (and if you get the monthly pass then you can ride Amtrak trains as well, which are more frequent). The traffic won't be horrible, but I'd allow an hour each way.